Gospel – Luke 21:5-19
While some people were speaking about how the temple was adorned with costly stones and votive offerings, Jesus said, “All that you see here–the days will come when there will not be left a stone upon another stone that will not be thrown down.“ Then they asked him, “Teacher, when will this happen? And what sign will there be when all these things are about to happen?” He answered, “See that you not be deceived, for many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and ‘The time has come.’ Do not follow them! When you hear of wars and insurrections, do not be terrified; for such things must happen first, but it will not immediately be the end.” Then he said to them, “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be powerful earthquakes, famines, and plagues from place to place; and awesome sights and mighty signs will come from the sky. “Before all this happens, however, they will seize and persecute you, they will hand you over to the synagogues and to prisons, and they will have you led before kings and governors because of my name. It will lead to your giving testimony. Remember, you are not to prepare your defense beforehand, for I myself shall give you a wisdom in speaking that all your adversaries will be powerless to resist or refute. You will even be handed over by parents, brothers, relatives, and friends, and they will put some of you to death. You will be hated by all because of my name, but not a hair on your head will be destroyed. By your perseverance you will secure your lives.“
The Catechism of the Catholic Church
586 Far from having been hostile to the Temple, where he gave the essential part of his teaching, Jesus was willing to pay the temple–tax, associating with him Peter, whom he had just made the foundation of his future Church. He even identified himself with the Temple by presenting himself as God’s definitive dwelling–place among men. Therefore his being put to bodily death presaged the destruction of the Temple, which would manifest the dawning of a new age in the history of salvation: “The hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father.”
585 On the threshold of his Passion Jesus announced the coming destruction of this splendid building, of which there would not remain “one stone upon another.” By doing so, he announced a sign of the last days, which were to begin with his own Passover. But this prophecy would be distorted in its telling by false witnesses during his interrogation at the high priest’s house and would be thrown back at him as an insult when he was nailed to the cross.
593 Jesus venerated the Temple by going up to it for the Jewish feasts of pilgrimage, and with a jealous love he loved this dwelling of God among men. The Temple prefigures his own mystery. When he announces its destruction, it is as a manifestation of his own execution and of the entry into a new age in the history of salvation, when his Body would be the definitive Temple.
From “Great Crusade of Salvation” Testimony of Catalina Rivas (CS-96:1,7,8)
1) My beloved children, if the entire globe should suffer a planetary upheaval which would render all things into pieces, even all mankind would perish and desolation would take over the earth. The earthquakes united to other manifestations of the universe would form the most frightful tragedy for all humanity.
7) I see them dressed in Satan’s suit, in the suit that they in vane imagine as horrendous with symbolic figures. They, as Satan, are dressed in hatred and of hatred they nurture themselves continuously! How many lambs would those voracious wolves would want to tear to pieces? That is why the hour has arrived for them to be punished.
8) All of you fear such warnings. But I know how to do everything properly and I ask for your trust. Everything shall be fulfilled, but none of you who are Mine shall perish.
From “Springs of Mercy” Testimony of Catalina Rivas (SM-35:5 36:1-3,5,7-10)
35:5) The upheavals of all kinds have started. There is pain, anguish, social problems in the countries, with earthquakes, hurricanes, epidemics and hunger. All that the chosen few prophesied is being fulfilled. Be converted, children… Help Me save all of humanity!
36:1) The hour is near because the flock is ready to disperse. Strange signs for humanity will come to warn humanity that the measure is full.
2) So many prophets have announced it but no human being can imagine what is to come.
3) The fire will boil in the oceans and its vapors will raise foam that will flood many countries.
5) Those who seek a universal country only have as their sole purpose to eliminate the Church of Jesus…
7) Love God with your heart, with your mind and with your senses. From now on pray the Rosary with your families.
8) Do not be afraid; you are under the protection of My maternal and loving heart.
9) Great things are being prepared for you that will be part of the new seed. Blessed are those who suffer for those who offend Me.
10) Pray much that you will not be confused even by your loved ones. Ask your families to go to confession.
Each week we will be presenting a portion of the following Sunday’s readings, and linking it to relevant parts of the Catechism of the Catholic Church and messages from the Testimony of Catalina. Pay special attention to the italicized underlined sections. This Sunday it is asked, What kind of soil will you be for the word of God? We hope this is inspiring and educational. Any comments you have are certainly welcomed.
Tim Francis prepared this educational program to help you increase your faith and love for the Holy Trinity and our Blessed Mother. His website is http://YouShallBelieve.com
I have known Tim for many years and recommend his work highly. He is a strong advocate for the “The Real Body and Blood Of Jesus” and the numerous miracles that occur on a daily basis. Both of us are greatly inspired by the amazing writings of Catalina Rivas. Catalina is one of the few individuals in history who personally experienced the “Stigmata Of Jesus Christ.”