Gospel – Matthew 18:15-20
Jesus said to his disciples: “If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have won over your brother. If he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, so that ‘every fact may be established on the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ If he refuses to listen to them, tell the church. If he refuses to listen even to the church, then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector. Amen, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Again, amen, I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything for which they are to pray, it shall be granted to them by my heavenly Father. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”
The Catechism of the Catholic Church
1088 “To accomplish so great a work” — the dispensation or communication of his work of salvation — “Christ is always present in his Church, especially in her liturgical celebrations. He is present in the Sacrifice of the Mass not only in the person of his minister, ‘the same now offering, through the ministry of priests, who formerly offered himself on the cross,’ but especially in the Eucharistic species. By his power he is present in the sacraments so that when anybody baptizes, it is really Christ himself who baptizes. He is present in his word since it is he himself who speaks when the holy Scriptures are read in the Church. Lastly, he is present when the Church prays and sings, for he has promised ‘where two or three are gathered together in my name there am I in the midst of them.’”
1373 “Christ Jesus, who died, yes, who was raised from the dead, who is at the right hand of God, who indeed intercedes for us,” is present in many ways to his Church: in his word, in his Church’s prayer, “where two or three are gathered in my name,” in the poor, the sick, and the imprisoned, in the sacraments of which he is the author, in the sacrifice of the Mass, and in the person of the minister. But “he is present… most especially in the Eucharistic species.
From “The Great Crusade of Love” Testimony of Catalina Rivas (CL-64:8, 141:10, 162:3, 6)
8) Sway, you souls that belongs to Me, the torch that I give you to light the way for your brothers. The light must not be placed under a sack. I want it on high to light the house. Light the food that I have My beloved ones bring. Illuminate the faces of those who look at Me and you will have accomplished your work. Over there are they if they turn to look at the darkness. I guide you; you imitate Me. Do the same and you will please Me… I give you My pains as a present, thank you for consoling Me.
10) My beloved ones, pray and do penance for the conversion of your families and brothers in your community. My little children, accompany Me in My Passion on the first Friday of the month, making vigils of hope and atonement.
3) Help Me, children, be a small army to guide your brothers who are blinded by power, money, pride, arrogance, everything that the evil enemy of souls gives in abundance.
6) Do it, My children. I hold you responsible for saving your brothers; you will be the plank of salvation for many in this great shipwreck. Live all these tribulations with faith and perseverance, because the true purification will come later to this world soiled with wickedness and blindness.
From “The Ark of the New Covenant” Testimony of Catalina Rivas (ARK-120h:1)
1) Happy are My children who with My immense love, build solid dwellings of peace with their brother because My love will be always their food.
Each week we will be presenting a portion of the following Sunday’s readings, and linking it to relevant parts of the Catechism of the Catholic Church and messages from the Testimony of Catalina. Pay special attention to the italicized underlined sections. This Sunday it is asked, What kind of soil will you be for the word of God? We hope this is inspiring and educational. Any comments you have are certainly welcomed.
Tim Francis prepared this educational program to help you increase your faith and love for the Holy Trinity and our Blessed Mother. His website is http://YouShallBelieve.com
I have known Tim for many years and recommend his work highly. He is a strong advocate for the “The Real Body and Blood Of Jesus” and the numerous miracles that occur on a daily basis. Both of us are greatly inspired by the amazing writings of Catalina Rivas. Catalina is one of the few individuals in history who personally experienced the “Stigmata Of Jesus Christ.”